How Candles and Wax Melts Can Bring Balance to Your Home
We all want our home to be more pleasant, peaceful and harmonious, so that when we come home from a long day at the office, it immediately calms and relaxes deeply from the soul. Improving your home’s feng shui brings balance to your space, making it a more positive place, improving the energy in each room, and creating a peaceful atmosphere.
What is Feng Shui?
Feng shui aims to create balance with the natural world. By arranging buildings, objects, and spaces in harmonious ways, you can harness energy forces and create more peaceful and positive living spaces.
An important goal of feng shui is to bring all five of the elements (wood, fire, earth, metal and water) into balance. Scents and aromatherapy are important parts of feng shui.
How Does Aromatherapy Work?
Scents are one of the quickest ways to trigger emotional responses. When scent molecules are inhaled, they travel directly to the brain. This affects the emotional center of the brain, known as the amygdala.
Scented candles and wax melts can improve the energy of specific areas and promote certain moods or emotions. For example:
- Jasmine can reduce stress, ease depression, and help you calm down
- Citrus scents, such as mandarin, are uplifting and help improve mood
Lavender promotes relaxation and harmony
Using Candles and Wax Melts for Better Feng Shui
Candles and wax melts represent the Fire Element, which is nourishing and warming. This means they can help make your home feel more comfortable and inviting. To create balance in your home, candles should be placed where you are feeling lonely or lacking energy or creativity.
Since candles and wax melts can be moved easily, they can be positioned throughout the home and moved into any area where the fire element is needed to create balance.
However, there are specific sectors where the fire element can be most beneficial, particularly the south section of your home.
- The south sector is governed by the fire element. This sector is associated with fame, recognition, and fortune. Candles and wax melts with warm colors, such as red and orange, will activate the fire element in this sector, creating good energy, helping improve your career and reputation.
- The southwest section of the home, which is associated with relationships, can also benefit from a boost of the fire element. If your social life is lacking, activating the fire element in this area can help. It will also help you strengthen existing relationships.
- Using candles in the southeast section can encourage wealth, abundance, and prosperity. Place candles here to enhance the energy of this area.
Image Credit: Feng Shui